Erin Boag (born on 17th March 1975) is a professional ballroom dancer, born in New Zealand. Erin has danced from the age of 3. In her teens she moved to Australia. Erin’s regular professional partner is Anton du Beke.
She and du Beke turned professional in 2002, competing mainly in the UK. They have won the IDTA Classic in England in November 2003.
The IDTA Classic Champion for 2003, Erin is a strong, vivacious Kiwi, who specialises in ballroom dancing.
Her professional dance partner is Anton Du Beke, also appearing in Strictly Come Dancing.
Erin came fourth in series one, dancing with Martin Offiah; third in series two dancing with Julian Clary; and second in series three with Colin Jackson – and hopes to go one better this year.
“So far I’ve come fourth, third and second in that order, so hopefully I can move up again this series!”
Performance on Strictly Come Dancing:
- Series 1 – Fourth in 2003 with rugby league player Martin Offiah.
- Series 2 – Third in 2004 with comedian Julian Clary.
- Series 3 – Second in 2005 with hurdling champion and record holder Colin Jackson.
- Series 4 – Eliminated in Week 7 of the 2006 competition, dancing with football player Peter Schmeichel.
- Series 5 – Eliminated in week 3 with former snooker player Willie Thorne
For the Christmas Special 2006, she was joined again by Colin Jackson. Colin and Erin won the competition, after getting the full 40 marks from the judges.
In series five Erin will be dancing with former rugby player Austin Healey.
Erin and Anton’s official website: