Vincent Simone was born in Italy but has been living in England since he was 16 and he lives in Guildford, Surrey. His professional dancing partner is Flavia Cacace and they teach dancing lessons for beginners to competitors.
Italian Vincent Simone comes from a dancing family; both his parents are professional ballroom and Latin teachers.
Vincent and his partner Flavia have been dancing together for 10 years and turned professional in 2001.
This is their first Strictly Come Dancing competition. Since 2001 they have been UK Professional Ten Dance Champions for the last five years, UK Professional Showdance Champions for the last four years, as well as the UK Argentine Champions 2006 and World Argentine Tango Show Champions for the last two years.
Vincent is really excited about taking part in Strictly Come Dancing and hopes his fellow countrymen will get behind him: “I hope fellow Italians living in the UK will vote for me as well as the rest of the public – I intend to use my Italian charm to try and make this happen!”
Career titles Vincent and his partner Flavia Cacace have earned from competitions:
- UK Professional Ten Dance Champions 2002-2006
- UK Professional Showdance Champions 2003-2006
- UK Argentine Tango Champions 2006 (First time competition has ever been held)
- World Argentine Tango Show Champions 2005/2006
- UK Ballroom Champions
- World and European Ten Dance and Showdance finalists 2002 – 2006
Performance on Strictly Come Dancing:
- Series 4 – fourth with actress Louisa Lytton.
- Series 5 – eliminated in week 2 with actress Stephanie Beacham.
Vincent will be dancing with former S Club 7 member Rachel Stevens, in series six of Strictly Come Dancing.
Vincent and Flavia’s official website: