Darren Gough was the winner of Strictly Come Dancing series 3 along with dance partner Lilia Kopylova. He is an English cricketer and captain of Yorkshire County Cricket Club. He danced the Quickstep to win the 2005 Christmas Special. Two years later he came back and won the 2007 Christmas Special with the American Smooth. Following this he took part in the Strictly Come Dancing live tour during January and February 2008.
Even though Darren won Strictly Come Dancing series 3, him and Lilia were never at the top of the leader board during any of the weeks. In week1, Darren and Lilia, did a Cha Cha Cha and managed to get only 19 out of 40 from the judges. In week 2, for his Quickstep her got 30 and in week 3, he danced the Tango and got 33. In week 4, he got 34 for his Paso Doble. In week 5, he danced a Viennese Waltz and scored 28. In week 6, he did a jive and got 30. In week 7, we saw him do a foxtrot and the judges gave him 34 out of 40. In week 8, he did an American Smooth and a Rumba, he scored 32 and 30 respectively. In week 9, he danced the Waltz and Samba, and scored 35 and 29 respectively. In the final week, he danced the Foxtrot and the Paso Doble and scored 36 for both dances.
Strictly Come Dancing Series 3 (15 October to 17 December 2005) Who Went When?
- Darren Gough & Lilia Kopylova – Series winners
- Colin Jackson & Erin Boag – Second place
- Zoë Ball & Ian Waite – Third place
- James Martin & Camilla Dallerup – voted out in week 9
- Patsy Palmer & Anton du Beke – voted out in week 8
- Bill Turnbull & Karen Hardy – voted out in week 7
- Will Thorp & Hanna Haarala – voted out in week 6
- Dennis Taylor & Izabela Hannah – voted out in week 5
- Fiona Phillips & Brendan Cole – voted out in week 4
- Gloria Hunniford & Darren Bennett – voted out in week 3
- Jaye Jacobs & Andrew Cuerden – voted out in week 2
- Siobhan Hayes & Matthew Cutler – voted out in week 1