Jill Halfpenny was the winner of SCD series 2 along with dance partner Darren Bennett. She is best known for her role as Kate in EastEnders, from 2002-2005. She has also appeared on television regularly since the early 1990s in serials such as Byker Grove, Coronation Street, EastEnders and Waterloo Road. Jill and Darren won the Christmas Special in 2004, and were crowned as Champion of Champions.
In week 1, of series two, Jill and Darren danced a Waltz and the judges gave them 27 out of 40. From weeks 2 to 5 Jill and Darren were at the top of the leader board. In week 2, she did a Rumba and got 32. In week 3, Jill danced a Jive and she scored 35.In week 4 and 5, she scored 34 and 35, for her Foxtrot and Samba respectively. In week6, she did a Quickstep and a Cha Cha Cha and scored 32 and 36 respectively. In week 7, she danced a Tango and a Paso Doble and scored 29 and 37 respectively. On the final week, she did a Foxtrot and Jive and scored 34 and 40 respectively. This was the first time ever that someone had got 40 out of 40 from the judges. To this day even Jill holds the best score for a jive in Strictly’s history.
Strictly Come Dancing Series 2 (23 October to 11 December 2004) Who Went When?
- Jill Halfpenny & Darren Bennett – Series winners
- Denise Lewis & Ian Waite – Second place
- Julian Clary & Erin Boag – Third place
- Aled Jones & Lilia Kopylova – voted out in week 7
- Roger Black & Camilla Dallerup – voted out in week 6
- Sarah Manners & Brendan Cole – voted out in week 5
- Diarmuid Gavin & Nicole Cutler – voted out in week 4
- Esther Rantzen & Anton du Beke – voted out in week 3
- Carol Vorderman & Paul Killick – voted out in week 2
- Quentin Willson & Hazel Newberry – voted out in week 1