Natasha Kaplinsky was the winner of SCD series 1 along with dance partner Brendon Cole. Natasha was a newsreader on BBC where she was reported to be paid £175,000. Later she became a newsreader at Five Live where she’s been reportedly paid £300,000 which made her the highest earning newsreader in Britain. Fives News reported on 25 September 2008, that Natasha had given birth to a baby boy.
In week 1, Natasha performed a Cha Cha Cha and scored 27 out of 40 from the judges. In week 2, she was at the top of the leader board for her Quickstep and scored 31. In week 3, Natasha’s jive put her in the bottom two and she scored 26. In weeks 4 and 5, she scored 35 and 37 respectively, which put her again at the top of the leader board. Weeks 4 and 5 saw her perform a Foxtrot and a Samba. In week 6, she did a Tango and a Rumba and scored 31 and 36 respectively. In week 7, she did a Waltz and a Paso Doble and scored 36 and 35 respectively, which again were the top scores for that week. On the final week, Natasha did three dances; Quickstep, Samba and Paso Doble, for which she scored, 36, 31 and 35 respectively.
Striclty Come Dancing Series 1 (15 May to 3 July 2004) Who Went When?
- Natasha Kaplinsky & Brendan Cole – Series winners
- Christopher Parker & Hanna Karttunen – Second place
- Lesley Garrett & Anton du Beke – voted out in week 7
- Martin Offiah & Erin Boag – voted out in week 6
- Claire Sweeney & John Byrnes – voted out in week 5
- Verona Joseph & Paul Killick – voted out in week 4
- David Dickinson & Camilla Dallerup – voted out in week 3
- Jason Wood & Kylie Jones – voted out in week 2
- No eliminations in week 1